Some kitties get away with everything! Now take the story of my sister Donna … What do you think happened after madam also decided to refuse the new food? Right, Missy had kept some other food just in case … Not so strange when you consider that Donna has sabotaged every diet so far. Missy says that she always has to be creative with Donna’s diet to let her eat and take her medication. The worst was yet to come: there were a few cans with that tasty soft diet food left. Because Missy wanted Donna to take her medicine again, she had hidden the pill in that food. And what do you think? Right, madam is eating it well with pill and all! If she doesn’t like the dry food I get, well then that sweet kitty will get other kibbles … It’s not fair. I strictly adhere to my diet and take my pill with malt paste well and she does what she wants. How can she ever get rid of her allergies in this way? Ah, maybe she does not want that at all.
After she almost drove Missy to despair by refusing her pill and the kibbles, Missy gave her other chunksthat she devoured with taste. I heard her say after dinner: “So, I did that well!” When I asked her what she had arranged well, she said:
– What do you mean? I don’t know what you’re talking about. – Well, what you just said. – Did I say something? Oh, I get it. I was sleeping. Sometimes I talk in my sleep. – You were eating, Don. – Can’t be, I never speak with my mouth full. I think you’re mistaken. – Did you mean that you had arranged the food properly? – How so? Missy gave it to me so it doesn’t seem to me that I arranged it myself. – Missy gave it to you because you didn’t eat that other food. – Yes, kind of Missy, isn’t it? She always takes account of my wishes so well.
Fortunately, Missy just arrived with some extra bits for me because I didn’t want to continue this conversation. It made me hiss.
People who know me a little bit know that they can’t force me to anything. It’s my way or the high way … The following happened: I had some medication against the allergy-thing but it was only temporary. After that I had to take other medication that was less harmful. Now Missy had changed my food because Sophie also has an allergy and her dermatologist had advised Missy to give her that food. You already guess: I have to eat that too. I liked it at first and took my medicine with some malt paste. Some days ago I decided to stop taking my pills. Missy started to be creative, melting the pill in hot water and adding some milk to it. I took it once and now I refuse it. I’m also considering to stop eating that new food. Just curious with what Missy comes up with next …
Donna loves music; to be more specific: Donna loves music of Willie Nelson. A while ago, I wrote new lyrics to an old song and called it Follow My Nose. This inspired Donna to create a karaoke video too. She already had some ideas about the new lyrics of Whiskey River so she hired somebody to help her with the video.
She managed to rewrite the lyrics in such a way that also cats can understand them. Now she’s secretly dreaming that Willie will sing her version to her 🙂
Sophie hasn’t said a meow to me, since I posted that video of her drinking water. However this morning, she suddenly started to talk to me …
– Listen, Don … – What? – I hear my food is calling me … – You hear your what is calling you? – My food! I got to follow my nose …
After that, she started singing a song that I heard before with other lyrics. It seems that Sophie wrote the new lyrics for an old song called “Follow That Dream”. She called it “Follow My Nose” and created a karaoke video so every one can sing along with her.
In case you want to rehearse yourself, here are the lyrics 😉
Sophie broke her promise: she shouldn’t go to the beach to eat with the birds, the sea gulls, but she went. Well, to be more precize: she didn’t go to the beach, them gulls came to our street. So from that point of view, Sophie didn’t break her promise.
They threw a wild party, those gulls, with lot of screaming and fluttering around some garbage they found. Sophie was gazing at them from a safe spot and I observed the party from behind my window. It was disgusting to see how the gulls pulled out the trash of the garbage bags and threw it all over the place. Some started fighting, like they were drunk (and maybe they were).
Suddenly they broke up and flew away while screaming loud. After they were gone, “brave” Sophie showed up and started sniffing the garbage. I think I saw her eating something, but I’m not sure. Then I noticed her walking to a bottle, sniffing, nipping, making funny faces and running off.
The next morning Missy recorded this video:
After seeing this, I think Sophie has had it with parties for the time being.
We are celebrating our birthday this month. Because we didn’t know what to ask and who to invite this year, we decided to ask Missy if she had a suggestion.
Missy showed us an article she’d just read. It seems that they’re looking for volunteers who want to hunt mice in the east of the country. Because the hunt starts next month, we thought it would be a nice present but we also wanted to have something now and more close to our home.
We heard that the coast has been terrorized by sea gulls for a while. The gulls steal people’s food in a bold way. They also attack people. Because they’re very big, we girls are not able to hunt them. We think they would even manage to lift up Donna and fly away with her. But we have another plan: we’ll go to the shore and watch them gulls. If they steal food and fly away with it, we follow them on the ground. When they drop their food, which they often do, we pick it up and run off with it. It’s also a kind of hunt, but in a different way. Brings some new excitement.
After seeing this picture, Donna started to hesitate:
– Soph, are that sea girls? – No, it are sea GULLS.
– But they’re enormous! – Yes, they are that’s why we’re not going to hunt them.
– They’re not looking friendly. – They aren’t friendly, Don.
– I don’t wanna go … – Then I’ll go alone, you’ll regret it …
– I’ll ask Missy for a fish, I’m not going to risk my tail for some third mouth food … – Third mouth food?
– Yes, first it was the human’s, then that gull stole it, dropped it and we’re supposed to pick it up and eat it … very unhygienic, by the way … – Well, if you see it that way … maybe we’ll better skip this adventure and wait till next month …
– Sounds like a great idea …